Capture just LAT/LONG from EXIFtoolGUI

Started by pooderbill, January 21, 2021, 10:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pooderbill

I need to add GPS coord to the filename. EXIFtoolGUI allows easy browsing of the pix but capturing just LAT/LONG requires several clicks and editing for each picture. Is there a way to capture a string in the GUI like this: 45.498921 -123.855392 so I can append it to the filename?

Phil Harvey

I'm not a GUI user, but I would think that you could do something like this in the ExifTool Direct box to rename the files to include the GPS coordinates:

"-filename<%f $gpslatitude# $gpslongitude#.%e"

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

pooderbill

Yep, that's what I'm doing.

I was just looking for a way to copy the lat/long as a single string rather than having to copy-paste lat in Notepad, then copy-paste long in Notepad, then copy the two as a string to then paste at the end of the filename.

I'm only using the GUI for the picture refs plus lat/long.

Is there a way to use ExzitTool to grab just lat and long and create the string I need?

Phil Harvey

That is what my example should do.  (You enter the string literally as I typed it.)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).