Questions to new tags in version 12.36

Started by herb, November 17, 2021, 07:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herb

Hello Phil,

thanks for the new version of ExifTool 12.36.
I have seen that lots of tags have been introduced.

Tag "HDMIOutputResolution" in table "NikonSettings" has value "1080i)" with bracket at the end.
Is this really correct?
What is the difference between value "1080p" and "1080i"?

In namespace xmp-crs and xmp-crd I found 2 identical tags: "MaskGroupBasedCorrHue"
I suggest one of them should be "MaskGroupBasedCorrToningHue".

Best regards
herb

Phil Harvey

Hi Herb,

Thanks for reviewing these new tags.

Quote from: herb on November 17, 2021, 07:15:39 AM
Tag "HDMIOutputResolution" in table "NikonSettings" has value "1080i)" with bracket at the end.

I'll fix this.

QuoteWhat is the difference between value "1080p" and "1080i"?[/i]

p=progressive, i=interlaced

QuoteIn namespace xmp-crs and xmp-crd I found 2 identical tags: "MaskGroupBasedCorrHue"
I suggest one of them should be "MaskGroupBasedCorrToningHue".

Right.  Thanks.  I'll fix this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

herb

Hello Phil,

thanks for your reply.
I regret, but I found another 2  tags with identical name: "MaskGroupBasedCorrSaturation".
One should be: "MaskGroupBasedCorrToningSaturation"

Best regards
herb

Phil Harvey

Hi Herb,

Thanks!  I'll fix that too!

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Hi Herb,

I have added an automated test to check for this in XMP tags so it won't happen again.  I can't do this test in other metadata because unfortunately duplicate tag names are common in some things like makernotes.

- Phil