Main Menu

find and renaming

Started by j99mac, October 28, 2021, 04:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j99mac

What if I want to run the command on multiple file in multiple folders named test

Phil Harvey

You should get it working on one file first.

Learn to walk before you run.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

j99mac

What if i want to run it on multiple directories and have it run on all finel with _s in files names. Would it work?

Phil Harvey

If it works on one file, it will work on many.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

j99mac

is it posable to run the command on a bunch of directories at once?

Phil Harvey

Please read at least the first paragraph of the application documentation.

StarGeek

Quote from: j99mac on December 08, 2021, 11:50:38 AMDo I need to add ""

On a Mac, you want single quotes ' around any parameter that contains a dollar sign $.  See the text at the bottom of Phil's post.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

j99mac

This is my command
exiftool -r -if '$Filename=~/_start\.tif/i' "-FileName<FileModifyDate" -d "%Y%m%d_fadgi19264_Model01_%H%M_start_g.%%e" (dir)

I ran it and now is there away to make "%Y%m%d" be the CreateDate? I am looking to get the created ate field in my filename.
I used this at one point {CreateDate;DateFmt("%Y%m%d")} and it worked with a single file.

StarGeek

CreateDate or FileCreateDate?

Also, you need a time component (HourMinuteSecond) in addition to YearMonthDay.  And where are you copying the time stamp from?

You really need to give more information in your posts and show what you've tried.  There's a limit to how helpful and patient I am when I have to keep asking question trying to figure out what you're doing.

Search the forums by using this Google link.  Take time to read the documentation and FAQs. 
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).