Fujifilm FirmwareVersion

Started by greybeard, July 22, 2022, 02:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greybeard

exiftool v12.44 introduced two new FujiFilm tags: FirmwareVersion and FirmwareVersion2 (0x1447 and 0x1448)

For X series cameras these are not firmware version - these tags contain the camera model followed by 0100 such as X-H2S_0100 or X-T3_0100 regardless of firmware version.

For X series cameras these tags don't add new information because we already have camera model from the Model tag

For files straight out of the camera the actual firmware version can be derived from the Software tag - such as "Digital Camera X-H2S Ver1.01" (which indicates firmware version 1.01) or "Digital Camera X-T3 Ver4.12" (firmware version 4.12)

greybeard

these tags are still incorrectly showing as firmware version on exiftool 12.45

Phil Harvey

Yes, thanks.  I didn't find time to include all of the updates I wanted in the latest release (I spent too much time dealing with raw writing problems).  This should be in the next release, but I'll post back here if I have any questions.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

greybeard

Thanks Phil - I didn't want it to get lost - and it gives others a chance to disagree with my interpretation of the data

Phil Harvey

OK.  Patch added.  ExifTool 12.46 will change the names of these to FujiModel and FujiModel2

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).