Monospaced [tt][/tt] options missing with forum upgrade

Started by StarGeek, July 28, 2022, 05:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

With the forum update, it looks like the [tt][/tt] monospace option for example commands is gone.  Looking at an old post, it still shows up monospaced there, but if you quote or edit them, the formatting is gone.

edit: Setting font to Courier New gives monospaced text.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

[tt]test tt string[/tt]

Did that work?

Edit: Right, thanks.  I'll have to look into this.  Perhaps there is an add-on to replicate the previous behaviour.  There is certainly some tweaking that needs to be done, but basically the forum seems to be working after this big upgrade.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Also, looking at the error log, some attachments were lost.  It looks like they were renamed, but maybe the database wasn't updated properly.  I'll have to look into this too, but until I get a chance I've just copied in the backups of all the old attachments.

- Phil

Edit: Maybe they weren't actually lost, but certainly any other links to them would be broken by the renaming.  There were some missing attachments, but perhaps these were from deleted posts?  Anyway, I've copied in the missing attachments and made symlinks to the map the original files to their renamed versions so the old link URL's will still work.  Let me know if you notice any problems with attachments.

Edit2: Adding the links didn't solve the problem.  It seems as if the errors are from missing avatar files.  I still don't know the reason for this, but I don't have problems seeing the avatars myself.  I did find this post at SMF where it is concluded that someone is trying to download an avatar that doesn't exist any more, but I still don't know how this could happen, or how I can stop these error messages.

Edit3: I patched the problem by modifying the forum PHP code to avoid logging an error when a non-existent attachment is requested.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Hubert

Love the new look! FWIW, I am seeing the full content of this Moved thread both under General/Other Discussion and under Bug Reports/Feature requests. Previously, opening the original thread would only display a link to the area it had been moved to. No biggie though...

Phil Harvey

Hubert: I think clicking on the moved notice just redirects here immediately, rather than the old way where a new post with a link was created.  I like the new method better.

- Phil

Hubert

Phil: yes indeed I think you're right. Threw me the first time but I can see what's happening now.

Once again, thanks for all the work you've put in to make the forum more attractive and functional. I really like it.

Phil Harvey

I've patched the forum to restore the old [tt] format code.  Example: like this

(I'm not sure why SMF dropped this, it was a relatively easy to bring this back again once I understood what the forum PHP code was doing, although it was made more difficult because they specifically disabled tt in another section of the code instead of just fixing the problem.  The problem was that the <tt> HTML tag is now deprecated, and my fix was to change this to use a <span> with an appropriate text style.)

- Phil

StarGeek

Quote from: Phil Harvey on September 19, 2022, 02:46:20 PMI've patched the forum to restore the old "tt" format code.

Very cool.

Just wanted to compare to what I was doing color wise
QuoteExample: like this
like this

Mine is lighter.  I was using [color=Chocolate][font=Courier New]

Adding a [tt][/tt] button might be harder.  I think when I inspected the posting code, it was using a single image for all the buttons and cutting it up in the correct places.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

I used #800 for this, which is the same colour as the commands in the ExifTool html documentation (eg. the FAQ).

- Phil