News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Updated version of ExifToolGui available on GitHub.

Started by FrankB, July 28, 2023, 05:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

You're welcome

The counter is still there, but has been moved to the statusbar, because I thought it would be cleaner. And I needed room for the execution mode (StayOpen/Classic)_

progress.jpg

Frank

brizzo

Thank you for the quick response.

I selected 30 files and applied changes, but the counter doesn't appear. Should I select some minimum quantity for the counter to appear?

Another thing I noticed is that the status bar doesn't appear when the window is maximized.

I still use Windows 7. Could it be something related?

FrankB

Quote from: brizzo on January 27, 2024, 03:29:29 PMI selected 30 files and applied changes, but the counter doesn't appear. Should I select some minimum quantity for the counter to appear?

No, there is no minimum required. As it works now, the counter only appears if used with th -r option.
I checked the 'old 516 version' and that does show the counter in the situation you describe. I will try to fix this for the next release.

Quote from: brizzo on January 27, 2024, 03:29:29 PMAnother thing I noticed is that the status bar doesn't appear when the window is maximized.

I still use Windows 7. Could it be something related?
Strange. Never saw this. Windows 7 should not be a problem for this.

This is how it looks in my Windows 7
taskbar W7.jpg

FrankB

Version V6.2.9 available for download:
https://github.com/FrankBijnen/ExifToolGui/releases/tag/V6.2.9

More info:
https://github.com/FrankBijnen/ExifToolGui

FrankB

Quote from: brizzo on January 27, 2024, 03:29:29 PMI selected 30 files and applied changes, but the counter doesn't appear. Should I select some minimum quantity for the counter to appear?

Just released 6.2.9, that should fix it.

brizzo

dgsjsj

FrankB, good afternoon. Please tell me in version 6.2.9, is it possible to highlight information about the lens or other parameters in color? So that when switching between pictures you can easily find them.

FrankB

Hello dgsjsj,

If I understand you correctly it is possible.
- In the Metadata panel switch to Exif, XMP, IPTC, Maker or ALL.
- Find the line you wish to mark. (You can use the Find edit box)
- Right click on that line.
- Click on Mark/Unmark Tag.

The Tag will be colored red. See also the online docs. Metadata panel

But I would like to suggest another method. Add the field(s) to the User defined fields.
- Set the Filelist to User Defined.
- Set the Metadata panel to Exif, Xmp or IPTC
- Find the line
- Right Click on that line
- Click on Add to Filelist details.

The column will be on the filelist, and you can see the field for all files at once. Sorting is possible by clicking on the Columnheading.

See also the online docs: FileList panel

mark.jpg

dgsjsj

Thank you for your quick response and detailed explanations. I found out why the Mark/Unmark Tag item was missing from the selection menu.
The fact is that I chose Russian in the settings. When selecting Exif Tool, the Mark/Unmark Tag standard works and turns red. Thank you for the work done on the graphical shell. I will gradually study docs: FileList panel. Good health and all the best. Best regards, Sergei.

FrankB

Thanks for posting back.

The fact that marking tags is not possible when you have set a language other then English I consider a bug.
I have created an issue in Github: to correct that.

Will be available in a next release.

milchtaich

Thank you Frank for your great work.
One question, though. With the old version, I can move or copy files to or from directories using dragging and dropping in the application window. With the new version, this is no longer possible (on my Windows 10 machine). Files do not respond to the same mouse gestures. Is there any setting that needs to be changed to enable copying and moving?

FrankB

Hello milchtaich,

No sadly there is no setting to activate that. The old (V516) used commercial controls for the File and folder lists. These controls had that built-in. Since I'm using only free, open source, controls this is no longer available.

But there is a workaround for this, that I think works better. The problem with dragging and dropping is that it can occur when you did not expect it. (The mouse gets stuck sometimes)

How I would do it:

- Select, in the filelist the files, or even folders, you want to copy/move.
- Right click, and choose Copy or Cut.
- Select in the folder list the folder you want to copy/move to and Right Click.
- Choose Paste.

(Cut, Copy and Paste depending on your Windows language of course)

Hope you can live with this, because it would be pain to code this functionality myself

Frank

copy.jpg
paste.jpg

FrankB

Version V6.3.0 Released: https://github.com/FrankBijnen/ExifToolGui/releases/tag/V6.3.0

New features:
- Support for the new Exiftool features '-api geolocation' and '-geolocate'.
- Installer available, portable versions are still available.
- Translations available for Dutch, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. They need to be checked, volunteers wanted!

Check out the changelog and other docs for more info.

Frank