Error in Mac OS after installation: "Quick action convert image" broken

Started by tunfox, March 01, 2023, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunfox

Hi,
I am using macOS Ventura 13.2.1 on a MacBook Pro 2019. Since installing ExifTool, the quick action "Convert Image" no longer works. That is, when I execute the quick action, e.g. from HEIC to jpeg, I recently received the error message: "A problem occurred while executing the action", converting is not possible, except individually via the preview.

I am not sure if the error is caused by ExifTool, can anyone confirm this?

Unfortunately, uninstalling ExifTool (by deleting the application file in the "bin" directory) did not solve the problem.

Thanks for watching

Phil Harvey

I don't know what "Quick Action" is, but if this is a MacOS feature then there is no way that ExifTool is related to this problem.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

tunfox

okay phil, I'll take your word for it, thanks for the feedback.

Quick actions: https://support.apple.com/guide/automator/use-quick-action-workflows-aut73234890a/mac

My process that broke down is part of the software when it was delivered. But I'll have another look in the "Automator" after your answer.