How to Compare two or more EXIF metadata images/videos side-by-side?

Started by ghostanime2001, September 13, 2022, 12:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostanime2001

Hello, can your tool compare 2 or more (3,4 or 5 images) at once to compare metadata such as size, date created/modified/originaltime/accessed etc.. side by side or in a list so that I can spot differences across different folders and/or sources? I know everything program from voidtools finds duplicate files across the entire C: or multiple external hard drives but Im looking for something that compares video/photo EXIF side-by-side as it's alot more detailed and 2 or more seemingly duplicate files can differ by a little bit so I was wondering if there is a tool that can do the aforementioned? Thank you

StarGeek

No.  Exiftool only processes one file at a time.  It cannot compare the data between files.  Though it could be scripted to use something like the linux diff command or Windows FC command.

Myself, I usually copy/paste in diffchecker.com to look for differences.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

wywh

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Quote from: wywh on September 13, 2022, 04:28:03 AMOn the Mac I have used BBEdit's "Compare Two Front Windows".

I do this too, but of course I use the BBEdit command-line tools (faster to type the file name than to select it in a file-open dialog, especially since 90% of the time the two files I am comparing are called "t1" and "t2" ;) ).

bbdiff FILE1 FILE2
- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ghostanime2001

Okay but I dont have access to a mac system even through VM, I am waiting for october to see if the new mac mini will come out so I can buy it for a delayed birthday present for myself. I have access to windows 10 enterprise and windows 11 pro only

obetz

I use Beyond Compare from Scooter Software to compare Metadata. BC can call ExifTool to extract metadata and compare the resulting text. It has also support to compare image data.