batch process_no more than 90 images

Started by bramley02, September 30, 2022, 04:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bramley02

hi all,

two issues:
1. JPG/ RAW needs to be processed seprartely. i shot JPG+RAW. So i have to split all JPG from RAW. Otherwise, return with ERROR Message 1: failed to run command.
2. singe batch no more than 90 images. Otherwise, return with ERROR Message 1: failed to run command.

my operating system:
win10

LR Classic 8.2

LensTagger 1.9.2

Exiftool 12.45

Phil Harvey

This is not an ExifTool error message, problem or limitation.

It sounds like you may be running into a command-line-length limitation on your system.  Try using the directory name instead of putting all of the file names on the command line.  Alternatively, put the file names in a text file and use the ExifTool -@ option to pass them to ExifTool.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

bramley02

Quote from: Phil Harvey on September 30, 2022, 06:01:09 AMThis is not an ExifTool error message, problem or limitation.

It sounds like you may be running into a command-line-length limitation on your system.  Try using the directory name instead of putting all of the file names on the command line.  Alternatively, put the file names in a text file and use the ExifTool -@ option to pass them to ExifTool.

- Phil

Thanks for reply Phil.

Here is the latest 249 JPG i am trying to add lens info. All as instructured, exiftool is selected, filelist is used. I don't understand why there is a "number of files limitation".

selection parameter & error message attached for reference.

bramley02

Quote from: StarGeek on September 30, 2022, 02:43:58 PM
Quote from: bramley02 on September 30, 2022, 04:11:45 AMERROR Message 1: failed to run command.

See the LensTagger FAQ, 3rd question.

thanks Geek, "exiftool location selection" was performed correctly in LR Lenstagger.

Phil Harvey

I don't know how lenstagger passes the file names to exiftool, but if it is via the command line then there will be a system limitation.

The special characters in the directory names may cause problems for ExifTool.  This shouldn't stop exiftool from running, but it may result in "File not found" errors if ExifTool can't open the image files due to the special characters.  Special characters in Windows file/directory names can be problematic for ExifTool.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Quote from: bramley02 on October 01, 2022, 01:18:15 PMI don't understand why there is a "number of files limitation".

It's not a number of files limitation, it's number of characters limitation.  From Microsoft.com
QuoteThe maximum length of the string that you can use at the command prompt is 8191 characters

But I don't think that's the case here. A quick glance over the Lenstagger docs seems to indicate that the "Read files filelist" option you have set is saving the file paths to a temp file and reading from that with, I assume, -@ (Argfile) option.

It seems more likely that it's a UTF8 character problem.  You might try using this StackOverflow answer, at least temporarily, to see if that works.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

bramley02

Quote from: Phil Harvey on October 01, 2022, 01:31:36 PMI don't know how lenstagger passes the file names to exiftool, but if it is via the command line then there will be a system limitation.

The special characters in the directory names may cause problems for ExifTool.  This shouldn't stop exiftool from running, but it may result in "File not found" errors if ExifTool can't open the image files due to the special characters.  Special characters in Windows file/directory names can be problematic for ExifTool.

- Phil

Thanks Phil, really appreciate.

despite single batch of 90 images, which already a great leap from blank.

Great work and thanks again.

bramley02

Quote from: StarGeek on October 01, 2022, 11:56:38 PM
Quote from: bramley02 on October 01, 2022, 01:18:15 PMI don't understand why there is a "number of files limitation".

It's not a number of files limitation, it's number of characters limitation.  From Microsoft.com
QuoteThe maximum length of the string that you can use at the command prompt is 8191 characters

But I don't think that's the case here. A quick glance over the Lenstagger docs seems to indicate that the "Read files filelist" option you have set is saving the file paths to a temp file and reading from that with, I assume, -@ (Argfile) option.

It seems more likely that it's a UTF8 character problem.  You might try using this StackOverflow answer, at least temporarily, to see if that works.
Thanks Geek, great help already. a single batch of 90 image, keep me going couple of weekends only, to solve my 13 years untraceable messy image bank.