Main Menu

GPS

Started by wynford, October 20, 2022, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynford

Would it be possible to update the ExifToolGUI version, so that we can enter the GPS coordinates manually without maps?

Phil Harvey

There will be no further updates to ExifToolGUI, but I would think this should be possible by setting GPSLatitude and GPSLongitude tags in the same way as you set any other tag.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

wynford

And how does one do that... setting GPSLatitude and GPSLongitude tags... I am not familiar with tags

Phil Harvey

I don't use ExifToolGUI so I can't help much, but looking at the documentation, it seems you should use "GPSLatitude" and "GPSLongitude" in the "Tag Name" column, probably in the Workspace tab.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Quote from: wynford on October 20, 2022, 08:52:39 AMWould it be possible to update the ExifToolGUI version

See the sticky thread at the top of this forum.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).