Missing data for videos larger than ~2GB

Started by FJ40, May 11, 2023, 03:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ40

Hi,

I'm missing data specifically with videos that are larger than ~2.10GB when I use the ExifTool.

This is the command I used to get the data that I need to create a video log sheet.

exiftool -SourceFile -Directory -FileName -FileModifyDate -FileSize -FileType -ImageSize -VideoSize -n -DurationValue -StartTimeCode -AcquisitionRecordGroupItemValue -VideoFormatVideoLayoutAspectRatio -VideoFrameRate -i THMBNL --ext .jpg --ext .wav  --ext .IND --ext .txt  --ext .pdf --ext .xmp --ext .csv --ext .zip -if '$filename !~ /^\./' "/Volumes/InsertLoation" -r -csv >LogSheet.csv

SCR-20230511-k01.png

I then import the output into a spreadsheet. I've attached a screen grab. The information that is missing is the -DurationValue (for video files larger than ~2.10GB). With -DurationValue I can use a spreadsheet function to convert it to a TimeCode format (columns I and J are not part of ExifTools output so can be ignored). -ImageSize, while not critical, is also missing for larger video files.

The video footage is sourced from a Sony FX3 camera.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?

A side note, it would be good to get the video duration in the official SMPTE timecode format which makes it easier to use for video people.

Kind regards.

StarGeek

Try adding the -api LargeFileSupport option.

Also understand that exiftool doesn't fully read the streams and only estimates the duration based upon the header data.  See this Github post.  If you need exact duration then you probably want to use something like ffprobe.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

FJ40

Thank you @StarGeek, this works for me.

I will look into ffprobe, thanks.