News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

clear "program name" att (win 7, photoshop cs 5)

Started by dgsafdgs, May 11, 2010, 02:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgsafdgs

Hi,
I using exif tool to clear and change some attributes on my images.
Since i'm using photoshop cs 5 I notice a new attribute named "Programe Name" (or maybe it because i moved to win 7?) and i cant remove it using exif tool, can you help me?
(On cs 4 and vista i removed the "Software" att and it works great)

Thanks,
Omri

Phil Harvey

The sample image you attached contains no such information.  I suspect that this is system information kept by Windows 7.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dgsafdgs

The sample image shows the property.
here is an image with the att.

Thanks for the help,
Omri

Phil Harvey

This file contains no such tag.  It must be a system thing.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dgsafdgs

After your last comment i was thinking the same. maybe this is something that windows shows me but not really exists in the file. but then i uploaded the photo to flickr and when i was looking on the exif data that flickr extract from the image i saw the Photoshop name under "Creator Tool" (and of curse i cant clean that one also):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/omrisuissa/4596510096/meta/

I'm guessing that what windows shows as "Program Name" flickr shows as "Creator Tool". but whatever this is its there and i cant clean it (using the exif tool). do you have an idea?

Thanks for the fast response,
Omri

Phil Harvey

You can remove the XMP CreatorTool tag with

exiftool -creatortool= FILE

- Phil

dgsafdgs

Thanks! it works:)
I was trying to remove "Creator Tool" and not "CreatorTool". now i know that win 7 calls Creator Tool - Program Name.

Thanks for the help,
Omri