Cannot Save Changed File - What am I doing Wrong?

Started by Kaelkitty, May 04, 2023, 09:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaelkitty

Hello,
      I have an ongoing problem with my Photographs.  Every so often, my (very old) Photo organising software, Kodak EasyShare, has a small fit and deletes the date and time of one or more photos. This then shows up as blank in Easyshare, and as 1899-12-30 12:00 AM in File Explorer. The "Missing" date and time still exists in the EXIF field: DateTime eg. 2008:10:18 14:01:19 but DateTimeOriginal goes to 1899:12:30 00:00:00 and so does DateTimeDigitized 1899:12:30 00:00:00 while File Date/Time in properties goes to another date eg 2023-04-02 / 11:18:43  ARRGH!

I have tried fixing this in File Explorer, but that wont change the TIME to what I want -it goes to 12:00 AM instead it only changes the Date!  The excact time on my photos is important to me.  I know I used to have a fix for this but I can't remember what to do, as I have been ill, and my computer malfunctioned 2 years ago so I am only now trying to pick up the threads of my process.

I installed ExifTools and the ExiftoolsGUI today - I am fairly sure I used to have it before all the chaos! Everything seems to work, but I cannot save my change - the Save button remains stubbornly greyed out (see the upload) and I can't work out what I am doing wrong! I would prefer to use the GUI if possible as my working memory is damaged and I find it difficult to remember command lines.

Please Help,
Kaelkitty.

ExifToolGUI.jpg

Kaelkitty

One further thing, I need to change the email address you have me registered under as the one you currently have no longer exists, thanks to my former ISP!

Ciao, KK.

wazrob

After you enter the tag value you must press ENTER, this updates the display and activates the Save key.
From the user manual in folder exiftoolgui_manual
Screenshot 2023-05-06 091508.png

Kaelkitty

Dear Wazrob -Thank You very, very, much!

I often miss things like this - it is a combination of being Autistic AND being hit by a car and tossed down the road when I was 17! :-[

PS. I managed to change my email addess this morning; Now I am having trouble adding my picture to my profile! SIGH!