Started by blue-j, June 01, 2023, 12:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue-j

https://iptc.org/news/exif-3-0-released-featuring-utf-8-support/

StarGeek

For what its worth, I've uploaded the document to Archive.org
https://archive.org/details/exif-specs-3.0-dc-008-translation-2023-e

Published Revision 3.00
● Added Tag Type of UTF-8 as Exif specific taga type.
- Enabled to select UTF-8 character string in existing ASCII-type
tags
● Enabled APP11 Marker Segment to store a Box-structured data compliant with the JPEG System standard
● Added definition of Box-structured Annotation Data
● Added and changed the following tags
- Added Title Tag
- Added Photographer Information related Tags (Photographer and
ImageEditor)
- Added Software Information related Tags (CameraFirmware,
RAWDevelopingSoftware, ImageEditingSoftware, and
MetadataEditingSoftware)
- Changed Software, Artist, and ImageUniqueID
- Corrected incorrect definition of GPSAltitudeRef
- GPSMeasureMode tag became to support positioning information obtained from GNSS in addition to GPS
● Changed the description support levels of the following tags:
- XResolution
- YResolution
- ResolutionUnit
- FlashpixVersion
● Discarded Annex E.3 to specifiy Application Software Guidelines
● Added Annex H. (at the time of publication) to specify Guidelines for Handling Tag Information in Post-processing by Application Software
● Added Annex I.and J. (both at the time of publication) for supplemental information of Annotation Data
● Added Annex K. (at the time of publication) to specify Original Preservation Image
● Corrected errors, typos and omissions accumulated up to this edition
● Restructured and revised the entire document structure and style
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  I'm just getting around to looking at this.  As usual, the spec is poorly written, incomplete, and full of errors.  Plus, it isn't very backward compatible.  I'll see what I can do with this mess.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

blue-j

I'm trying to get my head around the new Annotations box.  I guess it's in APP11 and JUMBF, allowing JSON-LD or XML values.  And also in exifEX?  Argh.

Phil, I don't believe you've cracked this pistachio?  Or have I overlooked it?  - J

Phil Harvey

ExifTool 12.63 added some support for some of the new Exif 3.0 features.  ExifTool already supported APP11 JUMBF (for reading only).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).