Iphone videos change to Date Taken

Started by rebmamber, July 10, 2023, 02:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Quote from: rebmamber on July 16, 2023, 12:06:53 PMSo, I tried the commands above and oddly, they change it today! Not even the date that the files were downloaded as before, but they now say today. I tired the command with both CreateDate and FileCreateDate in the part after < and it was the same result.

This sounds like a FAQ #3.  You need to figure out what tags the programs/OS is reading.  Take a look at the date in the program.  Run the command I posted above (which is a more targeted form of the FAQ #3 command), Then look for that date in the output.  That is the tag you want to copy to.

We're not at your computer, so we can only suggest things.

QuoteLuckily, the exiftool DRAGFOLDERHERE '-FileModifyDate<CreationDate' is still working to change the dates back to the correct dates

So FileModifyDate is one of the tags you want to copy to. If it is starting out correct, then you can add the -P (-preserve) option and exiftool will make sure the current time stamp on that tag isn't changed, as it is the OS that is changing that tag whenever the file is edited.

Quotethe videos are still just not recognized in Lightroom with these dates.

Find a file where Lightroom is reading the time stamps you want and use the command above to list all the tags.  I believe that LR is reading XMP tags instead of the normal video ones, though I don't have access to a recent LR version.  You might try setting them with

exiftool -P '-XMP:AllDates<CreationDate' /path/to/files/
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

wywh

Quote from: rebmamber on July 16, 2023, 12:06:53 PMthe videos are still just not recognized in Lightroom with these dates

I recently tested what movie tags some apps read. I did not test Lightroom but maybe it reads the same tags as Adobe Bridge in the same suite. My pet peeve is that sometimes .mov, .mp4 and .m4v are treated differently and sometimes they all behave the same.

* Adobe Bridge 2023 13.0.2.636 macOS:

Date Created - Keys:CreationDate (.mov)
Date Created - QuickTime:CreateDate (.mp4, .m4v local time!)

GPS - Keys:GPSCoordinates (.mov)
GPS - UserData:GPSCoordinates (.mp4, .m4v)

https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=14494.0

- Matti