Can't handle CR3 CTBO

Started by MartinB, October 08, 2023, 01:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinB

Just wondering if this is the same issue ...
If I use the command line (v12.67) I can easily change tags in a normal CR3 file from a Canon r6 mark ii. If I try to do the same, even with a simple tag like Creator, for a burst roll CR3 file I get this:

exiftool -Creator="Fred Blogs" test2.cr3
Error: Can't handle CR3 CTBO ID number 5 - test2.cr3
    0 image files updated
    1 files weren't updated due to errors

The same happens for a single-shot CR3 file extracted from a roll using DPP4. Given that DPP itself marks those as being roll files still I suppose that's not a big surprise.

PH Edit: Split into separate topic and changed title (original topic here).

Phil Harvey

Can you send me a sample burst-roll CR3 so I can reproduce this problem?  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

MartinB

Thanks, sent via Dropbox.
Martin

Phil Harvey

Hi Martin,

Got it, thanks.  I needed the sample to get the ID of the "uuid" box that the type 5 CTBO refers to (its hex id is "57 66 b8 29 bb 6a 47 c5 bc fb 8b 9f 22 60 d0 6d").

I'll add support for this in the next release (version 12.68).

CTBO type 4 is still unknown, so we may run into this issue again when someone generates a file with this new uuid box.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).