Main Menu

Does the GUI Still work?

Started by jlakes75, June 06, 2024, 02:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlakes75

I've have tried everything and I still cant get the GUI to open in Windows 10. It works in the CMD and Shell terminal but the GUI WONT OPEN. Please advise>

StarGeek

Quote from: jlakes75 on June 06, 2024, 02:42:42 AMI've have tried everything and I still cant get the GUI to open in Windows 10. It works in the CMD and Shell terminal but the GUI WONT OPEN. Please advise>

Which GUI are you using? An older one or the updated one by FrankB.
ExifToolGUI on GitHub
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

jlakes75

I'm running Exiftool 12.85 with the most up to date version of Win 10. I tried the github version and that one wont install nor will the exiftoolGUI. I did however install perl first I don't if that's what causing the issue. Note! The only ExiftoolGui that would load was version 6.3.2 but that did nothing. I'm trying to modify jpeg's and PDF files. What am I missing. Does this tool still work ?

FrankB

A short answer to your question: Yes the tool still works!

From the info you provide I'm unable to tell where it goes wrong. Some common pitfalls:

1) Windows doesn't trust an exe that you download. Click on More info and then Run Anyway.
a.jpg
b.jpg

2) Lately the tool has been plagued by MS Defender claiming it's a virus. Check your antivirus history.

If that does not apply, please provide more info. Exactly what you do, screenshots of errors. Screenshots of the taskmanager etc.