feature Request - ON1 Photo RAW (rating)

Started by RobiWan, July 08, 2024, 12:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobiWan

Hi,

some programs - here ON1 Photo RAW knows the 5 (stars) default ratings.
But they donn't know "rejected" (rating = -1). ON1 knows in this case only "like" and "unlike"

So if I need to write this values into XMP files I need give ExifTool extra parameter

exiftool  -config onone.config "-XMP-onone:UserFlag=2" (unlike) or
exiftool  -config onone.config "-XMP-onone:UserFlag=4" (like)

My onone.config means:
# new XMP namespaces (eg. xxx) must be added to the Main XMP table:
    'Image::ExifTool::XMP::Main' => {
        # namespace definition for examples 8 to 11
## xxx => { # <-- must be the same as the NAMESPACE prefix
        onone => { # <-- must be the same as the NAMESPACE prefix
            SubDirectory => {
                ## TagTable => 'Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::xxx',
TagTable => 'Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::onone',
                # (see the definition of this table below)
            },
        },
        # add more user-defined XMP namespaces here...
    },

All works great. my problem is, I can't do it direct in IMatch, which uses exifTool to read/ write metadaa.
Mario - IMatch developer told me - ask Phil ;)

Is there a chance that this will be included in ExifTool so I do not need extra parameters?

StarGeek

Quote from: RobiWan on July 08, 2024, 12:31:33 PMAll works great. my problem is, I can't do it direct in IMatch, which uses exifTool to read/ write metadaa.
Mario - IMatch developer told me - ask Phil ;)

So your config file works correctly on the command line? Though I don't see how it could as the config file in your post is missing the actual tag table part.

I'm a bit surprised at Mario's response, as the proper thing to do would be to add it to the imatch_et.config file. As there are no other XMP tags in the base imatch_et.config file, it shouldn't be to hard to add your tags.

I just tested this out by adding a couple of very simple XMP tags to the imatch config.  IMatch read the data and displayed once I added them to a panel.  And then editing them would save it out. But these were tags attached to an already existing namespace, so it might be different for a new namespace, but I don't think so.

Looking at a few of the Photools forum posts, I get the impression that adding new tags isn't something Mario wants to provide support for, as it would end up taking his time away from other things.

QuoteIs there a chance that this will be included in ExifTool so I do not need extra parameters?

That is up to Phil, of course, but a more complete example of the XMP-onone data would probably be required. If you have a sidecar XMP file with as much of the XMP-onone data filled out as possible, you could attach it to a post here. Or if it is embedded in a file, you could use this command to extract it

exiftool -XMP -b /path/to/files.jpg >sidecar.xmp
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

There has been only one request for writing On1 XMP tags, and that was 6 years ago.  I don't think it makes sense to add these to the ExifTool's pre-defined tags.  However, I could include an onone.config file in the distribution if I could have an XMP sample with the full set of tags that On1 can write.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

RobiWan

Quote from: StarGeek on July 08, 2024, 03:51:40 PMSo your config file works correctly on the command line?

Of course it works. I have only posted an excerpt from the onone.config I use here. Maybe I have forgotten something.

Quote from: Phil Harvey on July 09, 2024, 06:21:44 AMThere has been only one request for writing On1 XMP tags, and that was 6 years ago.  I don't think it makes sense to add these to the ExifTool's pre-defined tags. 

That's a pity, of course, but if nobody else is interested, I understand that you don't want to include it in Standard-set.
I have sent you an email with 2 XMP files and the complete onone.config.

Phil Harvey

OK, so there is only one On1 XMP tag.  I know this won't solve your issue, but I'll add config_files/onone.config to the distribution for anyone else who might want to write the XMP On1 UserFlag tag.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

RobiWan

Quote from: Phil Harvey on July 10, 2024, 04:57:52 PMI know this won't solve your issue,

Correct. Maybe with the time will more user asking for it ;)

RobiWan

Quote from: Phil Harvey on July 10, 2024, 04:57:52 PMbut I'll add config_files/onone.config

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, it's not in the latest .89 version yet?

Phil Harvey

The file exists in the full distribution (the .tar.gz version):

Image-ExifTool-12.89/config_files/onone.config

- Phil

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).