Android command line

Started by chnekn, September 02, 2024, 04:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chnekn

Hello, I am trying to use Exiftool with the Termux command line tool on Android. But the comment that edits the metadata of .dng files. It does not give any error, it says that 0 photos were updated after the command. I start the command line with the su command and try again, but the result is the same.

FrankB

If the blacklevel is already 1024 then that makes sense.

Retry the command without =1024 to see what the current value is

Phil Harvey

Normally there should be one BlackLevel value for each color channel.  Also, you may need to specify where to write the BlackLevel.  Use this command on a file to see where it is stored:

exiftool -a -G1 -blacklevel FILE

then use a command like this to write it to the proper location:

exiftool -subifd:blacklevel="1024 1024 1024 1024" FILE

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

chnekn

Quote from: FrankB on September 02, 2024, 08:06:15 AMIf the blacklevel is already 1024 then that makes sense.

Retry the command without =1024 to see what the current value is

The default value of the file is 0 0 0 0. So I'm trying to change it. But it doesn't change. I tried with another android gui app (I think it's based on exiftool) and it says that this value is permanent. But that doesn't make sense.

Sample File: https://we.tl/t-12JlKD92Em

Phil Harvey

You should have got this error message when trying to write -IFD0:BlackLevel="1024 1024 1024 1024"

Error: [minor] Undersized SubIFD StripByteCounts (571536 bytes, but expected 857304) - /Users/phil/Desktop/test.dng
Which could indicate a problem with the format of this file.

Use -m to ignore the minor error and write the file anyway, but you should verify that the file is still OK afterwards.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

chnekn

Quote from: Phil Harvey on September 02, 2024, 08:16:20 AMNormally there should be one BlackLevel value for each color channel.  Also, you may need to specify where to write the BlackLevel.  Use this command on a file to see where it is stored:

exiftool -a -G1 -blacklevel FILE

then use a command like this to write it to the proper location:

exiftool -subifd:blacklevel="1024 1024 1024 1024" FILE

- Phil

ah this is great info it works. what i wanted to change was in ifd0.

exiftool -ifd0:blacklevel="1024 1024 1024 1024" /sdcard/test.dng
command worked.

FrankB

Glad that it worked.
Sorry if I've put you on the wrong foot.

chnekn

Quote from: FrankB on September 02, 2024, 08:58:27 AMGlad that it worked.
Sorry if I've put you on the wrong foot.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts of help. So thanks for trying.