2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Color matrix not writable

Started by vit40, June 19, 2010, 01:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vit40

Hi Phil,

First of all, thanks for this magnificent utility

I have only one question. When trying to write color matrix in a dng file (with parameter -ColorMatrix1="n1 n2 n3 ... n9", where n1 to n9 are coefficient of the matrix), I'm getting a message that color matrix is not writtable. On the other side, trying to write the Forward matrix the same way (with parameter -ForwardMatrix1="n1 n2 n3 ... n9") works with no problem. I also tryed to delete the color matrix first (with -ColorMatrix1= ), but getting the same error. I suppose both tags (ColorMatrix and ForwardMatrix) are of the same type, so is there any reason for this behaviour

As you probably know, color and forward matrices are used by raw develpment software, like Adobe Camera Raw, to do the conversion from sensor color space to output color space (like sRGB, Adobe RGB ...). There can be 2 set of these matrices (ColorMatrix1, ColorMatrix2, ForwardMatrix1, ForwardMatrix2) for two different types of illuminant (usually tungsten and daylight). Sometimes there is a need to change these matrices, if they are wrong in a dng file, or if you want to modify a calibration for a particular camera, so a possibility to write/rewrite these tags would be usefull

Thanks

Phil Harvey

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll make these plus a few other DNG tags writable.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

vit40

Thanks Phil. This was really quick !

I see there is already a new version and it works now