News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

maybe a bug

Started by doromax, July 30, 2010, 06:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doromax

hallo, I want to say that I am a newbby here, I try to use this good software and I find a problem.
When I modify the file info, like date or Author name or other and I go to seve the changes, I always find an error.
This error is : "Error: Bad format (0) for IFD0 entry 5 - C:/name_file.jpg".
I think that the bug is in " C:/name_file.jpg " . The slash  is a otherwise bar " / " and not the right one " \".
Why this appen ?
Maybe I'm saying a stupid thing, I don't know.
I attach a photo.
Thank you in advance for the answer.

The state of execucion is this :

C:\Program files\GeoSetter\tools\exiftool.exe  -@ "C:\DOCUME~1\MAXMIL~1\IMPOST~1\Temp\et02E7479A.arg" "D:\nome_file.jpg"

-m
-EXIF:DateTimeOriginal=2010-07-27T14.51.35Z
-EXIF:TimeZoneOffset=
-XMP:DateTimeOriginal=2010-07-27T14.51.35Z+02.00
-EXIF:GPSSatellites=0
-EXIF:GPSLatitude=45.79446945
-EXIF:GPSLongitude=12.69027778
-EXIF:GPSLatitudeRef=N
-EXIF:GPSLongitudeRef=E
-EXIF:GPSMapDatum=WGS-84
-EXIF:GPSVersionID=2.2.0.0
-EXIF:GPSAltitude=5.000000
-EXIF:GPSAltitudeRef=Above Sea Level
-XMP:GPSAltitude=5.000000
-XMP:GPSAltitudeRef=Above Sea Level
-XMP:Location=Via D. Alighieri
-XMP:Artist=max
-XMP:DateCreated=2010-07-27T14.51.35Z+02.00

Phil Harvey

The forward slash in the filename isn't a problem.  ExifTool accept either, but it prefers forward slashes.

The problem is a format error in the EXIF of your image.

See FAQ number 20 for help.  The error you are getting is not minor, so the -m option won't help.  You must rebuild the metadata to repair this image.

- Phil

[edit] By the way, I just looked at the file you uploaded, and it doesn't have this problem.  In fact, it has no EXIF information.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

doromax

ok, thank you phil.
The file that I uplod is only a screenshoot of the problem.
If you need to see the original one I can upload it.
I attach it.
This photo is made with an HTC Diamond (windows mobile). Is it possible that every gps photo will have the same problem ?

I re-read the faq, like you suggest me, and with this comman :  exiftool -all= -tagsfromfile @ -all:all -unsafe name_file.jpg
all goes well.
is it possible to make a comman like this for all photos, without specify the name of file every time ?

Phil Harvey

It is likely that all images written by the same software/firmware will contain the same problem.

You can put as many filenames and/or directory names on the command line, and exiftool will process all specified files and all image files in specified directories.  Also, you can add the -r option to process images in sub-directories too.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).