changing encoding for a file

Started by myth5656, September 06, 2010, 03:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myth5656

Hello @all,

first I want to thank for the .jar File. The "wrapper" is really nice and I like working with it.
At the moment I have a little Problem. When I want to write german "Umlaute" like ä,ö,ü into the caption, the words are broken. I tested a bit on the command line and found a solution.
First I need to call: -tagsfromfile @ -iptc:all -codedcharacterset=utf8 *image*
After this I can add the caption normally.

Is there a way to do this with the jar? I did not found a function to execute a single command?

I would be nice to get some support :)

Best regards,
Andy

Phil Harvey

Hi Andy,

Sorry, I have no experience with the Java interface.  You might have better luck asking the person who made it.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

myth5656

Quote from: Phil Harvey on September 06, 2010, 06:30:18 AM
Hi Andy,

Sorry, I have no experience with the Java interface.  You might have better luck asking the person who made it.

- Phil

Hi Phil,

thx for the fast reply. In between I found a solution which works for me.

One more question: When reading the utf8 data I get some broken words when they contain ä,ö,ü. Is there any option that could be set to get the correct output?

Phil Harvey

The question is impossible to answer without more details, but if you read FAQ number 10 you may find something that will help.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).