stay_open and {ready} status

Started by BogdanH, October 31, 2010, 06:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BogdanH

Hi Phil,

Well, it works -now it's up to us, to make benfits of this feature :).
As it seems, to use -stay_open, some major changes will be needed to be done in my GUI. First impression is good, so I believe it's worth the effort -but will take quite some time.
To the point:
Is it possible ExifTool would output {ready} when starting with empty ARG file? That is, when executing with empty ARG file, we would get:
exiftool -stay_open true -@ arg.txt
{ready}

I can imagine, above (empty arg) call could serve as ExifTool (state) initialization. All successive commands would be executed only if {ready} exist -which doesn't happen in first call now.

Bogdan

Phil Harvey

Hi Bogdan,

Quote from: BogdanH on October 31, 2010, 06:27:23 AM
Is it possible ExifTool would output {ready} when starting with empty ARG file?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have another idea:

You can get this behaviour by starting with an ARG file which contains -execute<nl>.  I see the {ready} as being a response from the -execute, so I would prefer not to send it at the beginning of an ARG file.

- Phil

Edit:  Oops.  I just realized this will only work with version 8.37 and later.  Otherwise you will get the help text.  But no fear, I plan to release 8.37 later today.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

BogdanH

Your suggestion will do the trick (if needed). And I got it -v8.37 :)

Bogdan