Adobe Camera Profiles (.dcp files)

Started by lks, December 05, 2010, 12:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lks

It would be great if ExifTool supported Adobe Camera Profiles (.dcp files). 

As far as I can tell from the documentation, these files are just a subset of the fields in a DNG file related to camera calibration, and the contents of these files are injected directly into a DNG file when running Adobe's DNG Converter program.

Phil Harvey

I'll take a look at these.  Do they support metadata?  It would be helpful if you could post a few samples or email them to me at philharvey66 at gmail.com.

Thanks.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

lks

Honestly, I don't know exactly what is in them, but the online reference says they are just a subset of the DNG tags.

lks

It turns out ExifTool already supports reading these files!  Thanks again, Phil, for an absolutely great piece of software!

Phil Harvey

Quote from: lks on December 06, 2010, 10:12:39 AM
It turns out ExifTool already supports reading these files!

So it does.  You can't expect me to remember all of the formats supported by exiftool... ;)

QuoteThanks again, Phil, for an absolutely great piece of software!

You're welcome. :)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).