EXIF Data Folder-Copy since some Months impossible...

Started by cpX, December 20, 2010, 09:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpX

Hello,

i want to Copy all EXIF-Data from my RAF-Photos Folder to a other JPEG-Photos Folder.
So normally i use this since many Months and it will work:

exiftool -tagsfromfile %d%f.RAF -exif:all --subifd:all *.jpg

Exactly:

cpX:~ --$ exiftool -tagsfromfile /Users/--/TEST/102_FUJI/%d%f.RAF -exif:all --subifd:all /Users/--/TEST/*.jpg
Warning: Error opening file - /Users/--/TEST/102_FUJI/Users/--/TEST/DSCF3547_1k.RAF
Warning: Error opening file - /Users/--/TEST/102_FUJI/Users/--/TEST/DSCF3548_1k.RAF
Warning: Error opening file - /Users/--/TEST/102_FUJI/Users/--/TEST/DSCF3549_1k.RAF
   0 image files updated
   3 image files unchanged
cpX:~ --$

but since some Months this will not longer work on my Mac mini (OS 10.6.5).

When i use only one File:

cpX:~ --$ exiftool -tagsfromfile /Users/--/TEST/102_FUJI/DSCF3548.RAF -exif:all --subifd:all /Users/--/TEST/DSCF3548_1k.jpg
   1 image files updated
cpX:~ --$

...it will work, but why not with Folders ?

The *.RAF Files are protected since EXIFTOOL 8.40 will overwrite all Data in my Original RAF-Files instead to COPY the Data from the RAF Photos when i use some other Copy Commands !
So was must i write in my Terminal to Copy all the EXIF-Data from my RAF Photos-Folder to my JPEG Photos-Folder without overwriting all the Data in my RAF Photos ?
I need a working solution...

Regards: Carsten

Phil Harvey

Hi Carsten,

Quote from: cpX on December 20, 2010, 09:29:40 AM
exiftool -tagsfromfile %d%f.RAF -exif:all --subifd:all *.jpg

This command looks good.

QuoteExactly:

cpX:~ --$ exiftool -tagsfromfile /Users/--/TEST/102_FUJI/%d%f.RAF -exif:all --subifd:all /Users/--/TEST/*.jpg

But this command isn't.  You have included the directory name twice in this command for the -tagsfromfile argument.  As well as specifying it explicitly, you have a %d which gives you the directory of the source image.  I think you want to remove the %d.

QuoteThe *.RAF Files are protected since EXIFTOOL 8.40 will overwrite all Data in my Original RAF-Files instead to COPY the Data from the RAF Photos when i use some other Copy Commands !

ExifTool will absolutely never touch your RAF images if they are only sources for the -tagsfromfile option.  Somehow you must have specified them as target images if they were modified.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

cpX

Hello Phil,

Quote from: Phil Harvey on December 20, 2010, 11:17:25 AMI think you want to remove the %d.

Ah yes it works !
Thank You for your fast reply.  ;D

Quote from: Phil Harvey on December 20, 2010, 11:17:25 AMExifTool will absolutely never touch your RAF images if they are only sources for the -tagsfromfile option.  Somehow you must have specified them as target images if they were modified.

Mmmmh... ...OK i will check the TAGs a little bit better in the future.  ;)

Regards: Carsten