Error - Suspicious IFD0 offset for IPTC-NAA

Started by dgordon, May 28, 2011, 11:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgordon

Running an AppleScript which includes taking IPTC Date Created and writing that data to EXIF and XMP Date Created.

exiftool -overwrite_original '-exif:DateTimeOriginal<$iptc:DateCreated 12:00:00' '-xmp:dateCreated<$iptc:DateCreated 12:00:00' '-iptc:TimeCreated=12:00:00'

This has been working well but I've come across some files which give me an error:

"Warning: Suspicious IFD0 offset for IPTC-NAA - /Volumes/Files - path/to/my/File.TIF
Warning: No writable tags found - /Volumes/Files - path/to/my/File.TIF
Warning: [minor] Entries in IFD0 were out of sequence. Fixed. - /Volumes/Files - path/to/my/File.TIF
Error: [minor] Suspicious IFD0 offset for IPTC-NAA - /Volumes/Files - path/to/my/File.TIF"

Corrupt files? Anything I can do to fix this?

Many thanks!

Phil Harvey

Yes, this is a format error in the TIFF file.  You could try writing with the -m option, which would fix this error if it doesn't run into more problems, but some information (such as the IPTC) may be lost.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).