change of EXIF not visible in ACDSee

Started by paraglider, June 02, 2011, 12:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paraglider

Hi there!

I'm new to this forum. So please forgive if I'm posting in the wrong section of this forum.

I was looking for a tool to synchronize the EXIF data of 5 different cameras used at the same event with different time settings. ExifTool was recommended to me.

Seems to be a great tool  :). Thanks to Phil and all contributors!

The problem I have is as follows:
I have changed the value of "DateTimeOriginal" of several jpg files successful with ExifTool (by means of the ExifTool GUI) but in ACDSee (Ver 9.0) the change is not visible  :(.
What I want to do next is to rename all the files according to the changed "DateTimeOriginal". This I intended to do with ACDSee. Is this possible with ExifTool as well? If so, the problem with ACDSee doesn't matter.

Thank you for useful hints!

Regards,
paraglider

Phil Harvey

ExifToolGUI has a "Rename File" feature in the Various Menu which may do what you want.

If it doesn't, you can certainly do it using exiftool directly from the command line.

But you should also be able to write a date/time that ACDSee will recognize.  This is FAQ 3c.

Quote from: paraglider on June 02, 2011, 12:36:39 PM
Thanks to Phil and all contributors!

Especially Bogdan of course, for the GUI!!

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

paraglider

Thank you for the info!

Problem solved  :)

Rgds,
paraglider

p.s.: overlooked the FAQ 3c  :-[