Registration Problem

Started by adrianR, June 09, 2011, 02:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrianR

For information:

I had a problem registering with this forum, because the activation email I was sent appeared to be blank (!)

I resolved the problem by looking at the email's source and all was revealed...

I am using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client.

Phil Harvey

Thanks for this information.  If you can determine specifically what Thunderbird didn't like about the content I might be able to fix this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

adrianR

Phil,

I might have found the problem, but I will reply to you by email because I do not want to put the source text of your registration email on the forum.

Adrian

Phil Harvey

Thanks, I got your mail.  I think you are right about the multipart-mime being the problem.  You aren't the first Thunderbird user to have problems with this.  I think it is a bug in Thunderbird, but I've changed the forum scripts to write plain text instead of multipart mime, which should fix this for Thunderbird.  I have no problem leaving it like this unless there are features people miss in the multipart mails.

You may want to play with your Thunderbird "View -> Message body as" settings too because you may be missing parts of other mails.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).