NOT bug: Sorting in the main window

Started by machinshin, August 06, 2011, 12:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machinshin

Hi, first of all, thank you for making this extremely useful GUI, and thank you also to Phil for Exiftool.
Both are what I've been looking for for a long time. I always forget to change the date of my cameras, and end up with weird dates when travelling.

Now, I just downloaded the latest versions (ExifToolGUI 4.16.0 and ExifTool 8.61). I tend to shoot RAW+JPG (I should make the jump to straight RAW I know) and changed the dates to the JPGs with another tool (didn't work very well, since it ignored the CR2).
In the ExifToolGUI main window I see the files in the directory, the CR2 and the JPG are mixed up (they have the same filename after all).
I just want to select the CR2s to change their dates, but the column ordering seems not to work (all seem to order by name, not by the relevant column info). I know I still can manually select the CR2 (CTRL+click on each one of them), but with hundreds of pics it gets a bit tedious and error-prone ;-)

I don't know if I made any sense with all this rant. Please let me know so I can upload a screenshot or try to clarify it.

Thanks again!

machinshin

Weird...
I don't know why it wasn't working the first couple times I used the ExifToolGUI, but now it seems to be working.
Forget the bug report then, unless I can manage to reproduce it again.

Thanks again!

BogdanH

I'm glad you solved things. Just a notice in this regard: If you wish/need to work only on files with particular extension (CR2, in this case), I suggest using file extension filter (which is Work on all files by default) and change it to CR2 files only -now, you can select all (CR2 only) files easy.

Bogdan

machinshin

Hi again, thank you for the tip. I must be a bit thick today, I didn't see the file extension filter before... Doh!

pb

I think the extension filter selector would be more appropriately placed over the middle pane that lists files, rather than the left pane, which shows the directory tree.  That's probably why machinshin didn't notice it.

BogdanH

Agree fully! But space above filelist pane is quite populated.. I mean, it get's tight for those working on smaller monitors or don't use GUI in full size view. On the other hand, space above directory list was empty...
Maybe I should change height of place above filelist, so two rows of buttons would fit in (like on metadata pane). Sooner or later this will become necessary... I'll take a look on this.

Bogdan