Black/white level not founds in the EXIF

Started by 13shane13, October 13, 2020, 05:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13shane13

Hi there,

I'm having some weird tint flickering between RAW pictures in a timelapse sequence. I have read online that it would be an issue with the Black levels but I am unable to find any black or white levels in the EXIF when loading the .NEF files. Shooting with a Nikon D5200 & D5300.

Does anyone know how to get access to those numbers or why I don't have them within the EXIF.

»»https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwsUKYdChvs is an example of what I'm looking for.

Thanks for all the help I can get. It's a disappointing thing to see after the sequence is made and realizing iI have this issue with no way of fixing atm.

Phil Harvey

I don't have time to find my D5200/D5300 samples now, but try this command to see what shows up:

exiftool -a -G1 -s "-*level*" "-*black*" FILE

With some luck you may find something there that is changing between the files.  And with a bit more luck, you will be able to write this tag with ExifTool so all the files have the same value.  Then with even more luck this could solve the flickering problem.

- Phil

Edit:  Sorry, you asked this in the GUI section, but I responded with a command-line solution.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).