Main Menu

Forum email

Started by simonmcnair, October 27, 2011, 06:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonmcnair

Phil,
I'm a bit confused about the forum  ???

1.) I clicked the notify option, but I don't ever remember getting any emails saying about replies to my posts.  Is it just me ? is it the fact that I have a '+' in my email address ?
2.) I wish there was a global notify me on all posts I've replied to and/or a link that says 'show all your posts' at the top of the screen.

sorry for the newb questions but they seem more like forum config than a help document type query.

Simon

Phil Harvey

Hi Simon,

Quote from: simonmcnair on October 27, 2011, 06:40:32 AM
1.) I clicked the notify option, but I don't ever remember getting any emails saying about replies to my posts.  Is it just me ? is it the fact that I have a '+' in my email address ?

I checked the error logs and don't see any errors regarding the emails, but I assume that it works for other members because I haven't heard any complaints.  You could try changing your email to see if it helps.

2.) I wish there was a global notify me on all posts I've replied to and/or a link that says 'show all your posts' at the top of the screen.

In your profile "Notifications" settings you can enable "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic".

Also, to see all of your posts there is a "Show Posts" link in your profile (but not one at the top of the screen).

- Phil

P.S.  I'm definitely not an expert on the SMF forum.  I know enough to manage the forum, but not much more.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

simonmcnair

Phil,
Ahhhh, I see now.  There is a modify profile drop down which is completely separate to the profile drop down.  That looks like Microsoft type coding, have a whole list of inter-connected options in two completely separate places.

Why on earth wouldn't 'modify profile' be an option in the profile drop down ?

thanks for the pointer.

regards
Simon

Phil Harvey

I also find that navigating the SMF options is often counter-intuitive. :(

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).