-m command line parameter and "makernotes cannot parse" warning

Started by jcothron, November 29, 2011, 04:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcothron

Hello,

First let me explain what I'm doing with exiftool.  I'm scanning color transparencies with a Epson v700 scanner into a .tiff format.  What I want to do is change the Make, model, lensinfo..etc. to match what I did with the film camera, not the scanner.  Of course when using the GUI interface I get the makernotes problem and the file(s) are not updated as a result.

Using the command line method I can use the (-m) parameter and the updates will be written anyway which is what I want.

If there is a way to do this updating in the GUI I would love to do so but I'm not aware of how to work around the makernotes warning in the GUI.  Can the (-m) parameter be invoked in the GUI in some way? 

As it is I wrote a simple drag and drop batch file to modify the tags I want to modify which works ok.  I also want to include exposure information so before I go to the trouble of building the prompts and inputs in the batch file I want to make sure there isn't a way to use the GUI.

I'm new to this but having just started using this yesterday that's all I've been able to figure out so far.

Thanks,

John

Phil Harvey

In the Options menu, there is a "Ignore existing minor errors" setting that you can use in the GUI.  Checking this implements the -m option when calling exiftool.exe.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

jcothron

Phil,

Thank you, I just discovered I had been running an older version... once I updated versions I found it easily.