Welcome to the ExifTool forum

Started by Phil Harvey, March 23, 2010, 12:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Welcome to the new ExifTool forum.

This forum can be accessed at the following URL: https://exiftool.org/forum/

This should be a bit of an improvement over the old cpan forum.  For convenience, all posts from the old forum have been duplicated in the Archive section of this new forum.

Current Forum Settings:

Posts may be edited for up to 12 hours after posting.  After the first 10 minutes, a "Last Edit:" message will be added when a post is edited.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ryerman

Congratulations Phil!
Looks like you're moving onward and upward.  ExifTool does deserve and require a dedicated forum.  All the best.
Jim
Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Exiftool v12.61

Christian Etter

Well done Phil.
Look and feel of the new forum is good. Even the old posts have been preserved. Excellent!

simonmcnair

Phil,

Just curious, why do you use queensu.ca instead of exiftool.com if you own it ?  and if you don't, why don't you buy exiftool.org or somesuch ?

just wondering ...

Simon

Phil Harvey

Hi Simon,

exiftool.com is currently being donated by an exiftool user.  Since I don't have control of it, I still use queensu as the official address.

- Phil

2019-12-06 update:  I have just obtained the exiftool.org domain and moved the forum there.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

gargaro

Hello there
I am new in this forum. You do a great job here. Congrats !!

maxppp

Hello everyone!
First of all a big thank you to Phil for his great tool.
I am French and very recent user of exiftool.

slvJoe

I didn't know where to say a "thank you" to Phil Harvey for his excellent work.

I'm 11 years late to the party, but your work is top notch.

Thank you from Carmarthen, Wales.

Phil Harvey

ibic

Thanks for the great tool, it's a life saver.

Philbec44

Hi,
Thank you for this tool...a great help for me

voxleone

The first forum I've been to in years. Phil, receive my most effusive greetings and my gratitude. Great tool, great site.

I'm experimenting with a different way of storing annotations for computer vision, and ExifTool is being instrumental. Maybe I will need a little help along the way.

Peace all!