Setting value to LensID tag

Started by jbourgui, March 12, 2012, 08:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbourgui

Phil, I saw a couple of archived forum topics on this;  is it possible yet to edit and/or delete Lens or Lenstype or LensID?  I have a fully manual lens that my camera writes incorrect exif data for....  Thanks!  :)

Canon users: is there a way to tell the camera what lens is attached?  it's a nikon lens, using a chipped nikon-to-eos adapter ring...

-joe

Phil Harvey

Hi Joe,

Yes, you can write the Canon LensType, but it is stored as a number so you must choose from the the existing LensType values.

You can write it as a string, or add -n to the command to write the numerical value.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

jbourgui

Cool.  Is it possible to add the Zeiss Distagons (ZF.2 nikon mount) to this list?  I currently only own one of them, the Zeiss Distagon ZF.2 35mm f2.0    This is the lens that keeps getting incorrectly reported by my 5dmkii.  Thanks!

-joe

List of lenses here: http://philipbloom.net/2012/01/26/declick/

Phil Harvey

Hi Joe,

To be able add them, I need to know the LensType and LensID reported by ExifTool for each lens.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).