Rating and Keywords in Twonky Media Server not visible

Started by pgillet, May 04, 2012, 04:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgillet

Hi all together,

I am new to this forum and new to Exiftool as well.

I face the following problem and perhaps somebody here knows an answer to it :

For several days now I tried to store rating and / or keywords in my Jpeg Photos to be interpreted by the Twonky Media Server located on my NAS.

If i do it with Microsoft Live Photgallery it works perfectly. If I store exactly the same Values with ExifTool the Twonky ignores the values completely. I can not find the reason for this.

I updated a picture with MS Live Photogallery and the used Exiftool with -args option to find the differences to the original picture.
Concentrating on Rating first I found that for Rating the Tags -Rating=4 and -RatingPercent=75 should be set.

I successfully stored the values in a fresh Copy of my picture, but it doesn't have any influence on Twonky.

As I am not a fan of MS and my prefered OS is linux, I really would like to use some Shell scripting for the management of my 40000 photos, but currently I do not know what I am doing wrong.

As this problem is driving me crazy any help is appreciated.

Best regards
Peter

Phil Harvey

Hi Peter,

Try writing the MWG tags.  It may be that an unrelated tag like IPTCDigest is causing your XMP tags to be ignored.  The MWG module handles synchronization between XMP, IPTC and EXIF, including updating IPTCDigest if necessary.

exiftool -mwg:keywords=one -mwg:keywords=two -mwg:rating=4 some.jpg

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

pgillet

Hi Phil,

thank you for your help. I tried the MWG Tags as you have suggested with two different photos.
The result was that the rating of both pictures was not recognized by Twonky while the keywords of only one of the pictures was recognized.

I am not sure if this is a problem of exiftool or a misbehavior of the 5.1.6 Twoky server on my NAS.
I will investigate further on this topic.

Best regards
Peter