2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Hi...

Started by dkoor, April 25, 2012, 08:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkoor

...and thanks for a great prog!

I really it, it's really powerful.
I found it after I searched for some prog that would allow me to set image orientation the way I want it so I came across this prog.
I got myself an iPhone recently and it really sets orientation (rotation) of photos to Rotate 90° which is a pain when displayed under Windows OS.
Took me a while to find a prob cos some pics definitely didn't look right - all portrait photos thumbs were rotated -90° and when I open them in IrfanView they are "normal" i.e. Portrait 0° orientation. So I found out that iPhone sets exif orientation of all pics/photos to 90°.

So far I use ExifOrientation command via ExifTool direct works like charm to get those photos displayed the way they show in Windows 7 thumbnails.
Works in batches too. Great stuff! 8)

Phil Harvey

Great, glad it was helpful! :)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

cjoshua

Well hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though I am new here as well.  Things have really been great here and there have been no problems, for me at least.

And the forum is filled with people who are just able within your reach to help you with any problem that you might have with regard to images and everything in between.