Comments in properties

Started by wbgus@bellsouth.net, July 14, 2012, 12:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbgus@bellsouth.net

I have been scanning in pictures from negatives.  I'm putting information in about the pictures and have under properties put a number (that is page number from my photo albums) in the Comments.

My question is I'm using GeoSetter to enter GPS into the files of the pictures.  Working GREAT! Now how can I get my comment-page number to the file also.  Using Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 I have Keyword tags, caption, name, rating, date taken.  Started using Notes in that program to put page number, but in searching apparently that won't save to Photo file, like keyword tags, caption, date taken, name and ratings will.  So I noticed that when I open the file with my pictures and click on a picture at the bottom of the screen is a preview of the picture with the properties.  I then entered my page numbers in comments.  Now what could and How would I have that number show up under the thumbnails of the pictures in GeoSetter???  I haven't done many in the comments if there is no way to do it there.

Looked in the program and GPS is now listed thanks to GeoSetter (Love IT)

Hope someone can understand what I'm trying to do. ::)

Thanks for any help.

Alan Clifford

Firstly, find out which field geosetter will use to show your page numbers.  Maybe ask in a Geosetter forum.

Secondly, find out where Photoshop is storing your page numbers.  Exiftool can help you there.

Thirdly, copy from one field to the other.  Exiftool can do this.

geoffschultz

In GeoSetter, do View/Image Files/Adjust Columns and Captions & then check "Caption" (if that's where you're storing your page numbers).  You'll probably want to adjust the Visible Lines to 8 or whatever to show the Caption.

-- Geoff