newbie question about ICC profile

Started by 9tontruck, July 17, 2012, 07:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9tontruck

Hi guys,

I have been working in Image Processing field for less than a year and ICC profile is quite new to me.
I have a bunch of jpg files to work on and some of them are red-ish, some are yellow-ish and ect. I believe it is because they have different ICC profiles in its EXIF because they were created by different cameras. So I want to do "color-balancing" on those photos. And here's what I am trying to do:

1. Extract an ICC profile from a standard image which has good color tone.
2. Embed the ICC profile to all of the other images.

But when I run  'exiftool -icc_profile -b -w icc good_photo.jpg'
it returns "0 output files created" and nothing is created.

When I run 'exiftool -b -w icc good_photo.jpg' good_photo.icc is created in the same folder. However,
'exiftool "-icc_profile<=good_photo.icc" another_photo.jpg' returns 'Warning: Invalid ICC profile (bad connection space) for ICC_Profile:ICC_Profile  Nothing to do.'

Would you please give me an advice?

Thanks,

Phil Harvey

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I was on vacation.

If the first command didn't create an output ICC file, then the image likely didn't contain an ICC profile.

The second command will write all metadata to an output .icc file -- this will not be a valid ICC profile.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).