past Bug Returns? EPS files

Started by yaron, July 29, 2012, 11:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaron

I noticed that ExifTool gives a warning on old EPS files that it cant Write the XMP
but if i Write the's

exiftool -keywords=automobile,black,car,clock,dashboard,detail,diesel,fast,finance,fuel,gasoline,glass,gradient,ignition,information,informative,kilometer,metal,miles,needle,numbers,oil,power,pump,red,rotations,scalable,speed,speedometer,sportiv,tablier,tank,time,transportation,tuning,turbo,vector,vehicle,velocimeter,velocity,watch,white 1.eps

it gives the warning but Still Write the keywords tag so the file Becomes Corrupted
And it cant be open it in Adobe Illustrator

Phil Harvey

Could you email me the EPS file so I can take a look?  My mail is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

yaron

Phil Harvey

Thanks for the sample.

I can reproduce this problem and it will be fixed in ExifTool 8.99.  The problem only affects EPS images which use a DOS-style CR/LF newline.

Thanks for reporting this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

yaron

thanks for making such a wonderful and unique tool
:)