Exposure Compensation Information help

Started by pau, July 22, 2012, 10:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pau

Hi all,

I am a Masters of Building Science student in New Zealand and for my thesis, I am using HDR imaging as a tool for daylight analysis by employing the use of an Android Smartphone with a fisheye lens.

Unfortunately, the photos taken from my Motorola Defy does not include the "Exposure Compensation" or the "Exposure Value" in the EXIF file which I need so that I can fuse the four photographs together into one HDR image.

I have downloaded exiftool.exe and have sucessfully installed this. However, I am stuck as to how I should go about adding this value in. I have tried opening the EXIF information as a text file, but am unable to save the information...

And when I tried to view the exposure compensation information through command promt, this warning pops up:

Warning: Invaild size (4294967295) for IDF0 tag 0x8827 - imagefile.jpg

Any advice is much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Peony

Phil Harvey

Hi Peony,

It sounds like the metadata in this image is corrupted.  If you send me a sample image (philharvey66 at gmail.com) I will take a look.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

I got the image, thanks.

Yes.  Whatever wrote this image doesn't know how to write EXIF.  Your best bet is to rebuild the EXIF with ExifTool.  See FAQ number 20 for details.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

pau