Please I need your help using exiftool under macos terminal "Mountain Lion"

Started by zuiko3000, September 05, 2012, 07:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zuiko3000

Hi all,

I am loading all my pictures in iPhoto and I have realized they don't have any EXIF information because when I processed them with the Olympus Viewer 2, I didn't choose to export EXIF, so now I have all the raw files and the processed jpgs. I tried to copy the information of the raw files into the jpg files without any success when I tried to do with all of them at the same time. If I go one by one everything works. I type the following syntaxis:

exiftool -tagsfromfile /Users/davidirisarri/Desktop/Prueba/_7048078.ORF --orientation /Users/davidirisarri/Desktop/Prueba/_7048078.jpg

I had to use --orientation because otherwise the image appears with the wrong orientation because I already rotate it when I had to process it before.

How can I use exiftool with multiple files? I tried everything but nothing worked! I would appreciate your help.

David

Phil Harvey

Hi David,

Try this:

exiftool -tagsfromfile /Users/davidirisarri/Desktop/Prueba/%f.ORF --orientation -ext jpg /Users/davidirisarri/Desktop/Prueba/

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

zuiko3000

Hi Phil,

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again for expending your time reading and helping people with your great software. It's amazing.

David