Lens ID '3 255.9' is a 'Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX Macro' (feature request)

Started by Norbert, September 23, 2012, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norbert

In exiftool version 9.02 the lens ID 3 255.9 is identified only by 'Sigma', but the full name is 'Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX Macro'. My camera is a Pentax K5 if you need this information.

Please put the full lens name in the LensId table. Thanks !

Norbert

Phil Harvey

Hi Norbert,

This lens should show up as "Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC" in ExifTool 9.02, provided that ExifTool can distinguish it from the other lenses.  Could you send me a sample where this lens isn't properly identified?  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

Thanks

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  I got the sample.

Unfortunately this has LensType "3 0" (use -lenstype# on the command line).  There are a number of Sigma lenses which produce this ID, and I have not yet tried to differentiate them (since the "x 0" code is typically produced by any unchipped lens).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).