IPTC 2:55 Date Created

Started by Larzu, June 19, 2023, 02:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larzu

I hope some of you can assist me a bit.

How can read the content of IPTC-field Date Created?  If I open the file image file with tool it shows the "Create Date" value even if the IPTC-field is empty. Is this field exif capture time?

Is there a way to show only certain IPTC-fields (Creator, Date Created, keyword,...etc)?

StarGeek

Quote from: Larzu on June 19, 2023, 02:56:37 PMIf I open the file image file with tool

With what tool?  Exiftool? Or some other program?

Quoteit shows the "Create Date" value even if the IPTC-field is empty.

Did you use the command in FAQ #3 to see all tags, including tags with duplicated names?  Or if you want to view only the date/time related tags, you can use
exiftool -G1 -a -s -Time:All /path/to/files/

If you are using exiftool to list the data, then there are several places that can be CreateDate.  The most common is the EXIF:CreateDate, called DateTimeDigitized by the EXIF standard.  This is the time stamp for when the image was turned into a jpg (or whatever other file type).  In a digital camera, this is the same as the time an image was created (which is the EXIF:DateTimeOriginal).  For a print photo that is scanned, it would be the time of the scanning, though most people don't worry about the difference.

Then there's the IPTC:DateCreated which is part of the older IPTC IIM standard.  It contains only the date value, as the time value is held separately in IPTC:TimeCreated.  I believe this is the tag you are looking for, as it has a tag id of 55 on the IPTC Tags page.

Then there is the XMP-photoshop:DateCreated, which is part of the IPTC Photo Metadata Standard.

Then there is the XMP-xmp:CreateDate, which is part of the EXIF for XMP standard, made by CIPA, which is the group that makes the EXIF standard.  This is the XMP version of the tt]EXIF:CreateDate[/tt], i.e. the time the image was digitized, not created.

Finally, if you are looking at the file in Windows by right clicking->Properties, Windows will show you "Date Created", which is actually the file system time stamp, FileCreateDate

QuoteIs there a way to show only certain IPTC-fields (Creator, Date Created, keyword,...etc)?

To show only IPTC IMM tags, you would use
exiftool -IPTC:All /path/to/files/
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).