how to know the color space is adobe 1998 in a nef file.

Started by siamak, February 01, 2013, 04:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siamak

I have images that taken with setting of color space of adobe 1998 with nikon d50. these raw images when opens with Nikon Capture NX2 or View NX identified in their MetaData as Colorspace Adobe 1998. I know that Nef file tags do not specifies these as Adobe 1998 and are two tags one set to RO2 and the other one set to  uncalibrated. Simple Exiftool myfile.nef does not show the color space. How one can know these files color space or above two tags values? What would be the Exiftool Command.

Phil Harvey

Did you try this?:

exiftool -colorspace image.nef

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

siamak

Thanks Phil for quick reply.
Yes and respond is:
======== filename.nef

siamak

The only way that I could interpret was that ColorHue Mode 1 and 3a are sRGB and Mode 2a is Adobe 1998. If so it will work for my script but would complicates it if I need to run it with mix raw files

Phil Harvey

You're right.  I checked, and the D50 doesn't store the ColorSpace information in NEF files like most other Nikon cameras.

But it seems that you have found a work-around.  I can't suggest anything better myself because I don't have any D50 NEF samples with the different color modes.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).