News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Edit Markers in Nikon NEF files

Started by czes, March 31, 2013, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

czes

Hello everybody.
I've started to use the ExifTool GUI and thank you for very god software. Unfortunatelly I've found that it can't resolve my (any many others) problems using DxO Optics and teleconverters for processing RAW-files.
The DxO Optics have no modules for lenses with teleconverters an dissable some very important functions, unless the focal lenght is in the limit of the lens itself:
I. ex. when using Sigma 70-200mm and teleconverter 1,4, when the used focal lenght is less than 200mm the software is working as supposed.
When the focal lenght is over 200mm some important functions is dissabled.
I've edited the Exif and changed the focal lenght from 280mm to 200mm but as the really focal lenght (281,5mm) stay in MarkerNotes there is no any change in DxO as it read the lens type and focal lenght used from MarkerNotes, not EXIF-data.
I'm sure that there is many others peoples interested to find the solution of that problem.
Is there any possibility to edit MarkerNotes, at least the FocalLenght?
Regards

Phil Harvey

You can already edit the makernotes tags.  See the Nikon Tags documentation for details.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).