FR : extract printer name from metadata

Started by yiannis, April 19, 2013, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yiannis

I think it will be a good addition if exiftool was able to extract the printer name and or address .

Phil Harvey

Does this metadata exist?  In what types of images?  Do you have a sample that you can post?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

yiannis

Yes it exist. usually in xls , doc and pdf documents . let me see if I can find an example.

Phil Harvey

Thanks for the samples.  Unfortunately this information is stored in the main document data, and not in the file's metadata.  I don't think that parsing the main document data is something that I want to do with ExifTool (it would be a lot of work, and the end result may be too slow anyway -- Perl is not that efficient for processing large quantities of data).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

yiannis

Hi Phil,

Thanks for giving it a go anyway.

y.