Maker notes flabbergastation

Started by Eustace Martin, October 05, 2013, 10:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Quote from: Eustace Martin on October 07, 2013, 07:51:44 AM
ah interesting I will try this when i get back from work, You were able to take a look at the images i sent you?

I did take a look at the images, and confirmed your observations.

QuoteThe Jpeg digest has nothing to do with the error as well?

from the JPEGDigest tag documentation:

an MD5 digest of the JPEG quantization tables is combined with the component sub-sampling
        values to generate the value of this tag. The result is compared to known values in an attempt
        to deduce the originating software based only on the JPEG image data. For performance reasons,
        this tag is generated only if specifically requested

So the YCbCrSubSampling (component sub-sampling) affects the digest.  I don't think that the quantization tables would be a problem, but I'm just guessing here.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Eustace Martin

Just a quick update, still have not gotten a chance to deal with this, my dad had a load of material he wanted me to edit for him when i got back from work haha. So I'll have to try it today, although it is worthy to note that i do get a 4:2:0 but that is still not the sample i want and i don't think it would be applicable to the photo, as well there is an option to not apply any color management to the photo, so therefore would that apply to the compression of the photo?....very possible....all in all I will have to try these notable factors when i get home today...(possible more notable factors)