synchronization image and gpx-file

Started by prakt161, September 27, 2013, 05:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prakt161

Hello, (my English isn't the best, but I will try to explain my problem :P)

I have a folder with many gpx-files and another folder with subfolders. In this subfolders are a lot of images.
Like this:

Tracks
   1.gpx
   2.gpx

Images
   Hinweis
      .. .jpg
      .. .jpg
   Stoppschild
      .. .jpg
   and so on..

Now I wrote an Batch file:
set ToolPath="..."
set GPSPath="...\Tracks"
set JPGPath="...\Images"
%ToolPath%\exiftool.exe -geosync=+02:00:00 -geotag=%GPSPath%\*.gpx -overwrite_original %JPGPath% *.JPG -r

When I start the Batch file about the command shell, I get the following Error:

D:\...>"..."\exiftool.exe -geosync=+02:00:00 -geotag="...\Tracks"\*.gpx -overwrite_original "...\Images" *.JPG -r
Warning: Error opening GPS file '...\Tracks\*.gpx' in File:Geotag (ValueConvInv)
Warning: [minor] Error reading PreviewImage from file - .../Images/Hinweis/SAM_0714.JPG
Warning: No writable tags set from .../Images/Hinweis/SAM_0714.JPG
Warning: GPS track is empty in File:Geotime (ValueConvInv) - .../Images/Hinweis/SAM_0740.JPG
Warning: No writable tags set from .../Images/Hinweis/SAM_0740.JPG
Warning: GPS track is empty in File:Geotime (ValueConvInv) - .../Images/Stoppschild/DSCF3605.JPG
Warning: No writable tags set from .../Images/Stoppschild/DSCF3605.JPG
Warning: GPS track is empty in File:Geotime (ValueConvInv) - .../Images/Warnschild/DSCF3591.JPG
Warning: No writable tags set from .../Images/Warnschild/DSCF3591.JPG
Warning: GPS track is empty in File:Geotime (ValueConvInv) - .../Images/Weg/SAM_0762.JPG
Warning: No writable tags set from .../Images/Weg/SAM_0762.JPG
    5 directories scanned
    0 image files updated
    5 image files unchanged

When I wrote in the batch file
%ToolPath%\exiftool.exe -geosync=+02:00:00 -geotag=%GPSPath%\1.gpx -overwrite_original %JPGPath% *.JPG -r
I have no problem an the image files are updated.
But now I have many gpx-files..

Can anyone help me? :D

Phil Harvey

What version of ExifTool are you using?  You may have problems with wildcards in the GPS file name if you are using a really old version (7.84 or earlier).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

prakt161

Phil Harvey

So the version isn't the problem.

Ah.  I just realized the problem:  The -geotag= syntax doesn't work with wildcards.  Try this:

%ToolPath%\exiftool.exe -geosync=+02:00:00 -geotag %GPSPath%\*.gpx -overwrite_original %JPGPath% *.JPG -r

The -geotag option is parsed by the application, and wildcards are expanded.  But writing the Geotag tag (with -geotag=) passes straight through to the API, which doesn't expand wildcards.  Confusing I know.  I have added mention of this in the documentation.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

prakt161

Thank you Phil :)
Now the batch file works.