Keep receiving error: Error opening directory > File not foud: out.csv

Started by kyler1983, December 24, 2013, 10:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyler1983

I am using Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 express. Below is the code I am using to access the command prompt. In the command window I keep getting the same error. I have tried to separately double quote special character ">" using the CHR(34). I have also tried to put double quotes on the directory and file output field. Regardless of what I have done I keep getting the same error below. Please help! :

Error opening directory  >
File not foud: out.csv

Process.Start("C:\PictureOrganizer\PictureOrganizer\Exif\Exiftool(-k).exe", "-csv -r C:\PictureOrganizer\PictureOrganizer\Exif\Temp\  > out.csv")

Phil Harvey

It seems as if redirection does not work the way your are doing it.  Perhaps there is a way to do this by running exiftool through cmd.exe, but I don't know the cmd.exe command-line syntax.

It is possible, to do this with the -W, but it is a bit sneaky:

exiftool -csv -W+! out.csv -r C:\PictureOrganizer\PictureOrganizer\Exif\Temp\

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

kyler1983

Thanks for the quick reply Phil. When I tried to add the -W it gave me an error saying that you can not use the -W function when using -CSV. I think I am going to go a different route. I have noticed that exporting to a .txt file works every time.

Phil Harvey

Right, sorry I forgot about this limitation of -W.  Glad you found an alternative.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).