File remains unchanged after writing to tag.

Started by jkohut, November 25, 2013, 01:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frairep

StarGeek

Quote from: frairep on July 15, 2020, 03:44:55 PM
I am running exiftool on a win10 machine, but the file is on an raspberry pi 2 with OSMC mounted via SAMBA.

Try moving the file off of the PI and then run the command.  There was no problem here removing the Keywords on my computer.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

frairep

frairep

I´ve been using Picassa to write face regions on XMP section using the same mounting method and worked perfectly.

And manually edited some fields with exiftoolgui!!

Is it related to XMP:acdsee section?

StarGeek

Quote from: frairep on July 15, 2020, 08:49:36 PM
Is it related to XMP:acdsee section?

I wouldn't think so.  No idea why there would be a problem on the command line vs the GUI.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

frairep

Look at this!
Today it worked!

C:\Users\Picassa_OSMC\Documents>exiftool  -XMP-acdsee:all z:\A_imprimir\Familiar_0a\IMG_3409.jpg
Categories                      : <Categories><Category Assigned="1">People<Category Assigned="1">Micaela Fraire</Category></Category></Categories>
Keywords                        : Micaela Fraire

C:\Users\Picassa_OSMC\Documents>exiftool  -XMP-acdsee:all= z:\A_imprimir\Familiar_0a\IMG_3409.jpg
    1 image files updated

C:\Users\Picassa_OSMC\Documents>exiftool  -XMP-acdsee:all z:\A_imprimir\Familiar_0a\IMG_3409.jpg

C:\Users\Picassa_OSMC\Documents>exiftool  -XMP-acdsee:all z:\A_imprimir\Familiar_0a\IMG_3410.jpg
Categories                      : <Categories><Category Assigned="1">People<Category Assigned="1">Micaela Fraire</Category></Category></Categories>
Keywords                        : Micaela Fraire

C:\Users\Picassa_OSMC\Documents>exiftool  -XMP-acdsee:keywords= z:\A_imprimir\Familiar_0a\IMG_3410.jpg
    1 image files updated

C:\Users\Picassa_OSMC\Documents>exiftool  -XMP-acdsee:keywords= z:\A_imprimir\Familiar_0a\IMG_3411.jpg
    1 image files updated

C:\Users\Picassa_OSMC\Documents>exiftool  -XMP-acdsee:all= z:\A_imprimir\Familiar_0a\IMG_3410.jpg
    1 image files updated

C:\Users\Picassa_OSMC\Documents>exiftool  -XMP-acdsee:all= z:\A_imprimir\Familiar_0a\IMG_3411.jpg
    1 image files updated

Looks like it was some kind off network problem ???

Nevertheless I got another workaround, a physical movement.
As is an external drive I would switch off the raspberry and mount it directly on the WIN machine (kind of surrender >:( ).

Thanks for your help and sorry for taking your time!